Terraphase provides assistance with all phases of school site development, from due diligence through construction, including brownfield sites undergoing active soil and groundwater remediation. Terraphase has worked with over 25 California K-14 Districts and charter schools in support of local and state bond programs for new development and modernization projects.
We are well-versed in performing work in accordance with California Department of Education (CDE) 2015-16 School Facilities Planning Division (SFPD) requirements including preparation of documents meeting the Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) requirements for school property evaluation and cleanup and the Department of the State Architect (DSA) and California Geological Survey (CGS) requirements for geotechnical and geological studies. Terraphase staff have successfully helped five different school districts with the preparation of hardship applications resulting in state grants for new schools.
Terraphase has been a leader in supporting water purveyors and school districts with the testing of lead in drinking water on school property. Lead in water testing has been performed on behalf of public and private schools with facilities ranging from daycare operations and preschools through high schools.
We offer our expertise in the following relevant service areas:
- California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) documentation, coordination, and technical studies
- Phase I Environmental Site Assessments (ESAs) in accordance with ASTM and DTSC regulations
- Air and Vadose Zone Gas Studies
- Preliminary Endangerment Assessments (PEAs)
- Removal Action Work Plans (RAWs), including Traffic Management Plans, Dust Control Plans, Air Monitoring Plans, and Sampling and Analysis/Quality Assurances Plans
- Civil Engineering for Remedial Design, Stormwater Plans, and Site Development
- Geotechnical and Geological Hazard Surveys and Investigations
- Construction General Stormwater Permit compliance, including Construction Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP) preparation and implementation
- Construction Oversight and Air Monitoring
- Site Safety Evaluations:
- Airport Runway Review Requests
- Hazardous Air Emission and Facilities Quarter Mile Studies
- Railroad Risk Assessments
- Pipeline Risk Assessments (pressurized gas, gasoline, sewer, and water pipelines, propane tanks, reservoirs, and water storage tanks)
- Regulatory Agency and Public Participant Coordination
- Litigation Support and Expert Witness
- Third Party Review
- Cost Allocation
- Lead in School Drinking Water Testing and Program Management